Best books I've read so far this year
I've finished reading my 30th book of 2016 today so I thought it would be interesting to mention my favorites. Just so you know these are the books that I have read this year, not those that have been published this year. Also, there is no particular order.
- 1.The Goldfinch by Donna TarttThere is a reason that Donna Tartt won a Pulitzer
- 2.The Art of Fielding by Chad HarbachBaseball, college, love, loss, feeling like you don't belong, heartbreak, and humor.
- 3.Our Young Man by Edmund WhiteA book about a French male model in New York. Edmund White is a fantastic and vivid storyteller.
- 4.The High Mountains of Portugal by Yann MartelThe same author who penned "Life of Pi" writes another wonderful novel
- 5.Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua FoerAn interesting look about how memories are made and a look at the US Memory championship.