Germany vs England Goals, Ranked
There was five goals between Germany and England on Saturday. And they were all rather nice, which is unusual. at least I think it is. There's normally one crap goal in there.
- •HARRY KANE, Germany 2-1 ENGLANDLook, I know. Vardy. We'll get there. Kane's goal summed up his importance and showed the vast range of his skill. It began the fight back. Something from the proverbial nothing. And an alleged Cruyff turn!
- •JAMIE VARDY, Germany 2-2 ENGLANDConfidence is key for strikers. When they're in form as the Leicester man is, they do things like back heel flicks to beat the world's best goalkeeper at his near post.
- •TONI KROOS, GERMANY 1-0 EnglandAnother goal from nowhere, Kroos' casual dribble and thump from long range showed that Germany have threats from front to back. He didn't even look that bothered about scoring!
- •ERIC DIER, Germany 2-3 ENGLANDNow we get the headers. This was a tougher one, in a crowded box, from a set piece. And it won the game. Bang.
- •MARIO GOMEZ, GERMANY 2-0 EnglandA fine, fine goal from an aging predator. Would have topped lists on an ordinary day but Saturday's game was anything but. Superb cross, nice work by Gomez to get space between the two defenders and a superb header by a fine practitioner of the art.