5 in Boise for foodies and other stuff
Just back from a visit to Boise Idaho.
- •Matador for chips salsa and the Tamarind margarita. Trust me and walk from your hotel. You won't want to drive after drinking a couple of these.
- •Coffee...the good stuff like you get in Portland and Austin. We tried several places but finally found our people at Slow by Slow coffee bar on 8th downtown
- •Our second choice for coffee would be either Dawson's Downtown or Big City. Dawson's has a great peanut butter cookie too.
- •If you stay at The Grove hotel. A solid choice until the new Residence in opens. There's a Trader Joes Across the street for snacks and flowers.
- •Places to check out. Hyde park district. Table Rock. Drive up don't hike. Snake river scenic drive. Old state penitentiary and the state Capitol