MY DAY (SO FAR)
A comedy of errors
- •12:00-2:15 a.m: WorkThe Senate knows two times: "recess" and "the last possible minute before a recess"
- •2:15-2:30: Drive homeFast
- •2:35: ShowerI'm a night shower person. Even when I'm 85% asleep and it's the early morning. It relaxes me like nothing else can. Besides Klonopin.
- •2:55: Get into bedWake up my partner. Start telling her about how crazy the Senate is. Realize I should let her sleep.
- •2:55-3:30 (?): WIDE AWAKE
- •~3:30: Fall asleep
- •6:30: Wake upViolent calf cramp and bladder about to explode.
- •6:33: Fall back asleepMind you, my calf is still in a visible knot.
- •8:15: Partner wakes upWe had planned to visit friends in the Hudson Valley together this weekend but my work schedule and being sick with a cold kept me back. Amanda decided to go alone. So now I'm awak
- •8:15-10:00Lay in bed, talk with Amanda, contemplate going back to sleep, fail at that, say goodbye to Amanda, get up, put all of my weight on my right leg, fall to floor
- •10:00-10:45Leisurely breakfast. Finish watching "Real Sports" and watch yesterday's "Olbermann."
- •10:45: Start dishwasher
- •10:48: Dishwasher starts turning off and on and off and on
- •10:48:30: Open dishwasherSoap everywhere, pool of water in base, smells like burning
- •10:48:31-11:15: Get dressed, brush teeth, get glam
- •11:15: Make this list while my building manager explains to a resident that we can't have DirecTV in our buildingFun note: The guy is standing with the DirecTV installation man who he scheduled despite the fact that you can't have DirecTV here