STICKERS ON MY CARS
I like putting stickers on my cars. I find them to be a good representation of character. Or one's sense of irony
- •TK sticker (current)TK is Tony Kornheiser, aka Mr. Tony. Long-time former writer for the Washington Post, Kornheiser now hosts a radio show on a DC sports talk station (as well as, and more famously, ESPN's Pardon the Interruption). His show occasionally touches upon subjects of sport. I mainly listen for his complaints about the universe, including people who cross country sky down snow-covered roads in winter and having to socialize with others.
- •Manchester City Football Club crest (former, as are all below)My English Premier League club of choice. This sticker was unfortunately lost as a result of this winter's snow. It will be replaced.
- •"Be Nice You're In Oregon"Bought at a deli in Bend, Oregon I greatly appreciated the irony of driving around DC with this sticker until it was replaced by my TK sticker.
- •"New Mexico: Land of Enchantment"Purchased at a trading post in eastern New Mexico. I love New Mexico, as I do all of the American West. Lost when my 2001 Ford Focus was totaled.
- •In n' Out BurgerBecause, obviously. Also lost in the totaling of the Focus
- •UC Berkeley alumniAlso lost in the totaling. Note: I did not attend UC Berkeley
- •Harvard UniversityThis wasn't even a funny sticker. I removed it not long after putting it on because it wasn't ironic or clever.
- •UNH Wildcats footballA good number of my friends went to UNH and I spent so much time driving to games with them that this seemed like a necessary own. Removed after a playoff loss some time in 2006. Fair weather fan.
- •Texas LonghornsI was never a fan but I saw this sticker while in Austin and loved it. It was essentially a panoramic of the longhorn logo that stretched across the top of my rear window. Lost in the totaling.
- •New Found GloryBecause we were all 16 once.
- •95.5 WBRU ("Providence's Alternative Station")The first sticker I ever put on a car. This station still bills itself as such despite the fact that they play, almost exclusively, Sublime and The Offspring.