- •Watching: Every Houston Astros game.The 2017 World Series champions are well ahead of schedule. For those of us who like our baseball played with the joys and vigor of youth, the 'Stros are a pleasure to watch. Every Lance McCullers outing is must-see (blending a high 90s fastball with a breaking ball you can't categorize and a devastating changeup). And in the field and at the plate, you've got George Springer coming into his own, Jose Altuve continuing to defy the odds and uber-prospect Carlos Correa being awesome at only 20.
- •Reading: "Slouching Towards Bethlehem"Thanks in large part to a great list by @carey (thanks to a list request from @bjnovak) I've been slowly making my way through Didion's collection of essays and loving the effortless, subtly (and not-so-subtly) sardonic manner of her writing. "Some Dreamers..." is the kind of story that you don't want to end and her profile of Michael Laski is brimming with that aforementioned cynicism.
- •Hearing: Waxahatchee "Ivy Tripp"Huge growth from "Cerulean Salt." Been a mainstay in my music rotation since the day it was released. Favorite track: "<"
- •Eating: Chicken and Cauliflower CurryI made it so it's obviously delicious because if there's one fact about Portuguese people it's that we make great Indian food, probably.
- •Anticipating: Next week's trip to Seattle and Bend10 days of the Pacific Northwest. First trip to Seattle. Looking forward to exploring the city's parks. Second trip to Bend. Looking forward to a lot of hiking/mountain biking and a day trip to Crater Lake National Park. And beer. Lots of craft beer.