Recommended order for building a taco
While there's no right or wrong way to build a delicious taco, I have found through many years of research and development this order works best for me.
- •With a spoon, paint a layer of sour cream on the inside of the shell
- •Add a layer of sharp cheddar cheese
- •Add a layer of ground beef or chicken. Putting the hot meat or chicken on top of the cheese will melt it a little.
- •Top the meat or chicken with taco sauce. Pouring the sauce on top of the meat allows it to absorb into it nicely.
- •Add a layer of shredded lettuce
- •Add a layer of diced fresh tomatoes. The tomatoes on top weigh the lettuce down.
- •Gently press everything into the shell and enjoy!