12 GOOD MEMORIES FROM 2016
2016 was intense. No doubt. Especially in this insane asylum of a country. But I thank @solena for making me think of the good things we did get. I struggled, but there were plenty of good in 2016.
- 1.I managed to hold not one, but two jobs and a halfAnd I mostly excelled on both of them..At bare minimum, I won't be fired from either come the new year.
- 2.We metAfter a year of long distance, we spent two glorious weeks together.
- 3.WE metAnd I got the first taste of fatherhood.
- 4.My brother got married (to a WONDERFUL woman)They have done everything right together. I'm so happy for them.
- 5.I got the taste of writing againI love what I'm writing right now. Can't wait to share.
- 6.I reconnected with my love of musicThere are many wonderful musicians yo discover and rediscover, and this was the year I did it. (And I choose the year where so many people died.)
- 7.My parents are both still in good healthThank God.
- 8.Photography + origami = <3This was the year I truly took photography seriously. Applied everything I've ever learned. Two hundred and twenty five days of a daily origami model later, it's one of the most satisfying projects I've ever undertaken and it's one of my fondest memories for this year.
- 9.I found li.st!I have never had the experience I've had on this app, being a true part of a community / support group. (Hee, hee, hee!) I've had friends, confidants, angels, even a little crush. I even had one of mylists featured on the daily digest. I've had it all on Li.st and I am incredibly grateful.
- 10.I dared.Life is too short. I spoke to whom I needed/wanted to speak. I went where I wanted/needed to go. I started projects and actually committed to them. Better late tan never. And that will continue in 2017.
- 11.I discovered what could be my true callingI'd like to save what it is for a later date, but I was told I should do it professionally. And I truly will.
- 12.I felt I made a difference in someone's life.The list I wrote genuinely touched a few people. I became a friend to someone who truly needed one. I worked to try and find a peaceful solution to the conflicts in my country. I fed a homeless person. I made someone smile after crying. I hugged a friend who had just lost their father. Just for that, 2016 was no waste. Quite the contrary.