Bread cake: Venezuelan style
A lot of you have expressed interest in this little piece of Venezuelan heaven my mother used to make me. I believe this could cheer you up a bit in these grey days. C'mon, let's forget politics for a while. I only share this under the condition you make this when I go visit. ;)
- •First: this is how a true bread cake must look likeNo crumbs. Thick and moist. Solid. (God, the things I do for you, li.st...)
- •Ingredients-Two cups of grounded bread (Mom uses four-day-old French bread, but any hardened bread that can be ground. I asked, and yes, brad chunks are valid.) -Two cups of milk -Four eggs -One cup sugar -Half a cup condensed milk -Six (6) tablespoons of vanilla -Raisins to taste
- •Preparation: The caramelPreheat te oven to 150°C (302°F). Soak the bread in the milk. Prepare a Carmel muuuucho 1/2 cup of sugar in a pot with 1/4 cup of water at medium heat. Once the caramel is ready place it in the cake mold.
- •Preparation: The cakeMix the butter with the rest of the sugar until you get a white cream yo which you add and beat the eggs in one by one. Mix well and add the vanilla (and, if desired, rum and/cinnamon). Add the bread mix slowly and pour everything into the mold. Put it in the oven for 45 minutes. Afterwards let it cool for around fifteen minutes and take it from the mold when warm so the caramel doesn't dry up.
- •Enjoy!Show me pictures if you do make this!