Common Venezuelan excuses for the first working day of the year
The holidays are over. Face it. These words return to your daily vernacular: commute, email, bosses, co-workers and "Why, God, why?". Down here, we do what we can to extend those sleeping days as much as possible. And they sometimes work.
- •Someone stole my alarm clockWhich means "someone stole my phone"
- •The bus coming back broke downMost people have family outside the major cities, and travel by bus. And aw, dang it, it broke down three hours away from Caracas.
- •No ticket until the 9thHey it's not my fault they didn't let me make reservations.
- •My mother/spouse/child/dog is sick"Cat" might work, but we're more canine lovers down here.
- •"Aw, c'mon..."You'd be surprised.