It has been a week filled with flu, a muscle contraction that has my left arm hurting like he'll (for two weeks!!!) and now a holster that will measure my blood pressure for 24 hours. I have been having li.st block on top of that. So I'm following Picasso's advice: When inspiration comes, may it find me li.sting. And this is how I start.
- •I gave poetry another shotYesterday was... kinda crappy. So I followed the advice of, well, so many people I admire that say a poem can make you feel better. So I turned to this one by my closest living poet: my uncle Armando Rojas Guardia. The first line says: "To go out, always to go out. Exodus is my homeland. Finding oneself coming out again and again from the enslaving home." It did make me feel better.
- •My origami challenge is coming to an endI'm less than two months away from ending, and I'm already looking forward to the last one. I intend to go big, to find my Holy Grail. And I'm so proud of my new signature. (Thanks, baby.) Yes, that's King Kong. Made from a single square.
- •Doctor found me ok, so farI had my first check up with a doctor in four years today, which is why I have the holster. I haven't had my medicine in over a year. But thankfully, he told me my pressure is pretty normal. Also, I lost over twenty pounds last year. Not bad.
- •I refuse to give upThere are so many bad things happening in my country right now. Things that would truly horrify you. It makes me want to curl up in a ball and whimper. But as I read earlier, in these conditions, trying to lead a normal life is perhaps one of the greatest acts of rebellion you can imagine.
- •I missed you guys.I hope my dearest li.sters stayed in spite of the ridiculous changes on the app (which apparently aren't got everyone, but ssshhh). Do tell me... what's up?