Star Wars Films, Ranked By My Personal Relationship To Them
My world is pretty much defined by how much Star Wars I consume any given day. This universe truly defines me, in so many ways. This is my ranking of all ten Star Wars movies, depending how much they mean to me. (Sidenote: I don't think Android has ranked lists yet, or at least I can't find how to do them yet, so most important comes first.)
- 1.The Return of The JediI LIKE the ewoks, ok? And come on-- the metal bikini! But add that this was the last movie my father took my brother and me to a drive in. A year later, it was closed down to build a mall. I think it was the last movie where my father took us. Period. After this we went with friends, dates or solo. It signalled the end of an era: from children to teens.
- 2.A New HopeI was eight when this came out in my country. Perfect age. But then the new editions came. I waited five hours in line to see if I could get a ticket to watch it opening night. Five. Hours.
- 3.The Force AwakensThere is nothing like feeling like a child again when the world seems so bleak. I literally turned into Matthew McConaughey in that video. And I saw this in a room full of fellow nerds who cheered every beat. And then again with my parents, my brother and his wife. PERFECT AGE.
- 4.The Empire Strikes Back"Wait, he's what now? But he's... But Luke was... But Ben said... But... But... BUT... OH MAH GAWD!" I was twelve and having a meltdown. It was magical.
- 5.Rogue One: A Star Wars StoryThe enthusiasm for a new Star Wars movie had died down a little, but they had me at Donnie Yen. And c'mon, a Latino front and center?
- 6.The Phantom MenaceGreat cast, especially with Liam and Ewan, but above all, my first Star Wars movie as an adult. And let's face it: we ALL want that double lightsaber. For me, Darth Maul is the second best villain in the saga. That it later made me go "Well, it was... ok", is another story.
- 7.Attack of the ClonesOh so we got Obi-wan, Private Dick. Ok, Km cool with that. And Natalie Portman's awesome. Oooh, some skin! But wait, is this... romantic? Dude can we get to the fights already? (And they gave me Yoda vs Dooku, so they got that going for them.)
- 8.Revenge of the SithMy heart was already broken coming in, after the two prequels, so I came in this one not caring so much. And I have to admit, this is the prequel I like the most, but I came in like... meh.
- 9.Caravan of CourageI caught this on TV a little while after Jedi. I... I still don't know.
- 10.Extra: The Star Wars Christmas SpecialI saw this the night it was broadcast. I may have asked, when it was over: "Daddy, what was that?"