The Bernard Pivot List, part 4: What turns you off?
Thank you all for your contributions. Do keep it up! Here's part 3: The Bernard Pivot List, part 3: What turns you on creatively, spiritually, emotionally?
- •Hypocrisy. Stupid limits people try to impose me. Needless bureaucracy.
- •Self deprecationSuggested by @kate81
- •Status-seeking, lack of desire for knowledge and facts, magical thinking, not caring about the truth, cruelty, and most of all false accusations. If this happens to me—even over something small—I will fight until I am heard and believed. My integrity is the one thing no one can take from me.Suggested by @Dashelamet
- •Religions pushing their beliefsAttended a funeral where the priest demanded that "non catholics"beg for communion- as an atheist it proves my beliefs as an atheist. Ruined the funeral. 🙁Suggested by @NicoleO
- •Hatred and violenceSuggested by @solena
- •I don't even need to agree with your personal moral code, but you need to have one that does not shift to suit your current situational desiresSuggested by @wordytime
- •People with no self esteemEasily jealous, need constant reassurance or have to text or hear from me at all times...not my style at allSuggested by @karlalucia
- •Flattery and backhanded compliments.Essentially, phony people.Suggested by @angela3950
- •Closed-mindednessBelieving generalizations. Hating others for being different. Only reading one news source, or just your side of the political spectrum.Suggested by @jhope71
- •People who can't stop dominating the conversation.Suggested by @HikerGirl60
- •Arrogance and making jokes at someone else's expense.Suggested by @DG