Why Li.st is special to me
I'd like too make this a collaborative list. Beyond the wonderful community, which I believe is the top reason why most of us are here, I'd like to know why li.st has so much appeal for all of you.
- •Lists are easy to read but require some thought to write appeallinglyInformaron separated by points is attractive for readers, but to make that concise is the real challenge
- •Small enough to feel intimateRemember this a few years ahead, when we li.sters are counted in the millions.
- •There's a particular suspense in a scaled list"Oh he better include this... oh there's only one left... TELL me he's including this!"
- •They can quickly evoke nostalgiaSeeing a whole list of things from your past are a quicker lane of memory than a whole post.
- •It's just... funLess demanding than Twitter, freer tan any blogging platform, more concise (and less crazy!) than Facebook, and making lists feels like fun.
- •Main reason? Relative anonymity.For once in my life, I've allowed myself to be the smartass I enjoy being. My upbringing and circumstances have always made me the 'good girl'. I'm a nice person but my hypocrisy/bullshit meter is 🎯Occasionally I notice the 'herding behavior' where I censor myself but try to veer back. Definitely love li.st for letting us be true to ourselves. 💞Suggested by @angela3950
- •Safe SpaceVery rarely do I not feel safe being an open book here. My writing is nothing like before, I was a superficial writer (and person) in the life I lived pre-li.st. Now, I couldn't be phony if I tried. The only time I had to watch my words was when I went too far. That's on me, and I was corrected respectfully and made the changes to keep this space safe for everyone. Almost everyone.Suggested by @Boogie
- •Shared ExperiencesJust yesterday I learned both @angela3950 and I had parents who put up a sheet to block us from seeing presents on Christmas morning. I have continued to find more and more soulmates the more I dig into this community.Suggested by @Boogie
- •It's a whole new community.I joined partly because no one else in my family/church/social group is here. I can be myself here. I don't have to censor my language, tone down my beliefs, or fake being happy if I'm not. I have found HOME here in many ways, and made friends with people from all walks of life, many countries, many ideologies. I love it here! 😢Suggested by @jhope71