Year of the Origami Rooster
As the clock starts to tick the final 100 days for my origami challenge, I decided to, of course, celebrate the Chinese Year of the Rooster on my Instagram last week. These were the results.
- •Model by John Montroll
- •Model by Jodi FukumotoThis one is supposed to be a charm inside which you can place a coin.
- •Model by "212moving"This is by a young Chinese artist that goes by that unusual name.
- •Model by Ronald KohI've been cyber friends with the creator, a veteran Singapore folder, for almost twenty years now. He kindly sent me these diagrams twelve years ago -the last Year of the Rooster.
- •Model by Hideo Komatsu
- •Model by Eric JoiselIn Latin, "gallus" means both "rooster" and "French". Today, the rooster is the unofficial symbol of France.
- •Model by Narita MitsuakiThis is an Onagadori, a Japanese breed with extremely long rail feathers (up to 27 feet!)
- •Model by John MontrollNot the one I originally planned but I like the end result.