What's Making Me Happy This Week
With increasingly crazy daily news, I need to make a concerted effort to find the positive these days. I've decided to use listing to assist in the endeavor. Title comes from NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour.
- •Homecoming King (Netflix)Hasan Minhaj's stand-up special is the best I've ever seen. It's eye-tearing hilarious, poignant and personal, surprising more than once, and incredibly well delivered.
- •The "Stranger Things" kids on "Lip Sync Battle"Their fun is infectious and they are just damn adorable.
- •Chris Pine uses a flip phone.As part of an interview promoting "Wonder Woman," GMA hosts asked cast members and director Patty Jenkins to answer questions in a Lasso of Truth lightning round. Asked to name his biggest quirk, Chris Pine described his desire to live more simply- which, for him, involves using a flip phone and his new record player. My Luddite-loving heart skipped more than a few beats.
- •Wonder WomanI've seen it twice so far. It's awesome.
- •Stacey Kent at Blues AlleyTonight's show was wonderful. I wish she played in the States more often.
- •Mango juiceOne of my students brought it to our end-of-semester party and I got to keep the leftovers. 😋
- •New cousin!No public pictures, but trust me- he's adorable.