FAVORITE EPISODES OF BROAD CITY
Listing this made me realize that a LOT of Broad City episodes are quest episodes (all the ones on this list except #1, and more not included), which may be one of the reasons I love it so much.
- 1.Hurricane Wanda (S1E7)I show people this episode third when I want them to fall in love with Broad City. (First, What a Wonderful World and then Stolen Phone, to establish the characters.)
- 2.Wisdom Teeth (S2E3)Don't try to tell me Bingo Bronson wasn't the inspiration for Bing Bong.
- 3.Hashtag FOMO (S2E5)Sometimes I ask myself, "Who would you rather bang, Abbi or Ilana?" and then I feel horrible, because why do we always sexualize female comedians, and nobody asks whether you'd rather bang Adam DeVine or Blake Anderson. But then I realize that the answer to this and most questions is VAL and feel better. VAL VAL VAL.
- 4.Stolen Phone (S1E6)Packed full of the most gorgeous details --these women are masters at the height of their craft. The way Ilana hits on dudes at the bar. Abbi requesting 90s hip-hop as an aside. Abbi inspiring the bar crowd to look for her phone, then losing her audience. The Upper East Side lady talking shit about Cornell. "I heard egg roll."
- 5.In Heat (S2E1)Perfectly captures the feeling of being young, broke, and living in New York in the summer. Plus, Seth Rogen AND Kumail Nanjiani!
- 6.What a Wonderful World (S1E1)I heard we're not supposed to like Fred Armisen anymore, but the cleaning montage is just genius.
- 7.Working Girls (S1E3)I would love to watch a full-length movie of just the Abbi package quest storyline.