READING LIST FOR MY FUTURE HUSBAND
Whoever he may be.
- •Pulphead: Essays, John Jeremiah SullivanI will give this to him early to make him fall in love with me.
- •Slouching Towards Bethlehem, Joan DidionHe needs at least a basic education in Joan if this is going to work.
- •The Devil's Teeth, Susan CaseySo we can talk about sharks in an educated fashion.
- •Sam the Cat and Other Stories, Matthew KlamSo he knows I'm on to him.
- •Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight, Alexandra FullerNot an all-time fave, but to check that he'd be down to ditch everything and live like this.
- •Sex at Dawn, Cacilda Jetha and Christopher RyanI don't love this book but at some point we need to have a frank talk about the viability of long-term monogamy, and this is as good a starting point as any.
- •Infinite Jest, David Foster WallaceOdds are, he will have started it a million times but never finished it. It is time.
- •Levels of Life, Julian BarnesIf he doesn't love me like this then I'm not interested. I'm being flippant because this book is so powerful that it hurts to talk about.