Ways I Have Changed the World
I like to think of myself as a global citizen. From water projects in Africa to garment projects in Central Asia, I've done my best to revolutionize how people interact every day
- •Created the iWatch, 2007Jon Ives and I created the idea for an Apple wearable after a night of raw cane pomegranate juice and free-trade cocaine use. Steve told us that the idea would blow too many minds, and didn't want to take away attention from the newly created iPhone.
- •Revolutionized Coffee Ordering, 2009I was the first one to ever ask for a miniature frappucino at Starbucks. You're welcome, world.
- •Discovered Carly Rae Jepsen, 2011On one of my many trips to Vancouver, I came upon a delightful singing waitress at a Tim Horton's. With the help of my good friend Jimmy Iovine, we helped Carly Rae break out with her infectious single "Call Me, Maybe" (which I also wrote).
- •Found Joseph Kony using Bumble, 2013Bumble, one of my many ventures, was explicitly founded in hopes of digitally tracking Central African warlord Joseph Kony. Score one for the Pivot.
- •Created fully functional AI for use in vacuum cleaners, 2015Thanks to me, your Roomba now knows how to feel pain.