Weird Stuff My Kids Say
My boys (Inspiration and Steve Jr) are a constant source of both joy and frustration. Here's some of the stranger things they've said to me.
- •"I love you, daddy!"I keep trying to teach Inspiration that love is best left for objects, not other people.
- •"Can we have chicken nuggets for dinner?"My kids are on a strictly-Soylent diet. They're getting all the nutrients they need. I have no idea who's filling their heads with notions of chicken nuggets.
- •"My computer is broken. Can you fix it?"What do I look like, an Apple Genius tech? My boys need to learn that the idea man isn't the one who fixes their technical problems.
- •"I don't want to go to school! The other kids make fun of me!"I try to teach my kids to be post-childhood, and to remember who their enemies are now so they can crush them later in life. They seem to have a really hard time with this one (especially Inspiration).
- •"On the eve of the summer solstice he shall rise again to rule us. Hic a mortuis resurrexit."Steve Jr keeps saying this in his sleep. I can't be sure, but I think something exciting is coming to the Pivot household soon!