Spent My Morning in a Illegal Migrant Worker Warehouse
Few of my prospects started a job packaging cigars so I'd thought I'd try it out and make some quick cash.
- •Woke up at 4:30 amCesar called to wake me up and let me know we where the only ones heading to Work at the warehouse.
- •Hopped on the 405 north boundUsually the 405 north is packed in the mornings but that doesn't start till 6:00 am. So we where way ahead of the daily commuter traffic.
- •Pull in to a parking lot surrounded by warehouses.
- •Warehouse opens at 6:00am meet the "manager" his name is SandySandy was a short white man looked to be in his late 40s. He had huge glasses and a head so bald the fluorescent lights would reflect off of it. Sandy was kind of rude and didn't seem to put up with much.
- •Start to prep everything to begin work a couple dozen non English speaking Hispanics show up and start working
- •They start pulling pallets and boxes of extendo blunt wraps
- •Learn how to properly sticker and package the extendo wraps.
- •Find out the hours and wageEveryone working there received $90 a day for 11 hours of work .
- •Realize it was an illegal sweatshopNot only where the people being way under paid. They where being over worked not allowed any breaks but one 30 minute lunch .
- •Felt terrible seeing people taken advantage of
- •I leftCouldn't handle seeing people allowing their selves to be taken advantage of. They had no choice but to work a shitty job with terrible hours because it was all under the table. I ordered a uber and left as my friend stayed to continue working.