10 things to know when trying to talk to someone who just can't.............
Author Jessi Otto
- •Be cautious of your tone...Even if you don't think you have one or you're using the proper tonality for what you are saying, they are tone def and will take it the wrong way.
- •Be mindful of everything them...You don't want to say the wrong thing because they will find a way to make you feel like dirt for saying something that relates to their life in anyway.
- •Only make clear jokes...Let's face it, if you have to explain the joke it's not funny anymore (even to you and you made the joke).
- •Report only...Report your day in an orderly manner and list future events then move on without detail.
- •Ask specific questions...If you are looking for more than one word answers about things you have to be creative in questions. "What was said?" In the middle of a conversation, they started, is not a correct questions because they will not know what you are asking. "What was said about *(insert what they are taking about)*?" Is the correct way to execute that question. I will have another list on question asking later.
- •Grammar and spelling (if writing)...If you mess up in anyway they will call you on it and never let you forget it.
- •Never tell them any flaws you think you have...Again if you mess up in anyway they will call you on it and never let you forget it, plus in an argument will bring it up even if it doesn't pertain to what is being disagreed upon.
- •Small talk goes no where...Just don't try because chances are if they just can't....... Then they get annoyed with small talk and become eye rolling, to good for this snobs.
- •No facial expressions or hand gestures...If you are an animated person, they will not be able to appreciate your ability to intrigue individuals with your skills of conversation. They just can't.......
- •Lastly, Sarcasm is a complete NO NO...Sarcasm is rude and mean to some ———— mostly those who just can't......... So if sarcasm is something you do and don't realize, you may want to not talk to a person who just can't.........