THE YEAR OF DIVORCE
One year ago, I left my husband. It felt like I spent the year in bed doing nothing... because I did a lot of that...but actually I accomplished a lot. Here's my list:
- •Lost 30 pounds and 3 sizes.
- •Can now deadlift 210 pounds and hold a plank with 55 pounds on my back. (I don't want to discuss my biceps... They are still weak AF)
- •Can now run a mile, slowly, but multiple times a week.
- •Spin class has become my bitch.
- •My entire iTunes library is organized. (No easy feat!)
- •Took a real vacation.
- •Went on multiple road trips.
- •Spent lots of time with friends.
- •Started dating, got laid, had the best sex of my life so far.
- •Got a therapist and started working on self-care and self-compassion.
- •Got a new tattoo.
- •Binge watched at least 15 entire TV series.
- •Read a whole bunch of books.
- •Started meditating.
- •Significantly reduced my stress.
- •Found a well of emotional strength I had no idea that I had.
- •Learned to be ok being alone.