BON JOVI.....OR MAYA ANGELOU?
It's, like, one minute you're halfway through an 8 ball at jones beach, making out with the guy next to you as the crowd sings along to "bed of roses"; the next minute you're at alice tully hall, listening to charles simic recite his favorite passages of i know why the caged bird sings and at some point it's just, like, hold up: WHICH IS WHICH?
- •There are some millionaires/With money they can't use/Their wives run around like banshees/Their children sing the blues
- •In a world that don't know Romeo and Juliet/Boy meets girl and promises we can't forget/We are cast from Eden's gate with no regrets
- •"It's too late, now you're out and on the run/it's too late, held up in love, without a gun"
- •"With an ironclad fist I wake up, and french kiss the morning"
- •My life has been one great joke/A dance that's walked/A song that's spoke/I laugh so hard I almost choke
- •They accuse me of livin'/from day to day/but who are they kiddin'?/So are they
- •"I think that she's still in my bed/as I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead"
- •You wanna steal a piece of time/You could sing a melody to me/And I could write a couple lines
- •Till the bird on the wire flies me back to you/I'll just close my eyes and whisper/Baby blind love is true
- •On the street where you live girls talk about their social lives/They're made of lipstick, plastic and paint, a touch of sable in their eyes
- •"Remember when we lost the keys, and...you lost more than that in my backseat, baby"