HOW TO MEET A LI.STER FOR COFFEE
Spoiler alert: @supercommonname is fantastic. (Her lists give that away, but she's even better in person!)
- •The night before your Friend Date, meet your lister via the comments section of a third listers list (with open suggestions) because her suggestion is great and reminds you of who you were fifteen years ago.
- •Just wantonly list your phone number in the comments. Hope a nice lister texts you.
- •Burn your dinner because you're so excited about scheduling your meetup twelve hours from now that everything you're doing falls away.RIP Shepherd's Pie.
- •Plan your outfit the night before like you're going on a date, even though you are married and you're really going to make a new friend.(Fingers crossed!)
- •Desperately try to explain to your husband what Li.st is. You've tried many times before, but maybe this time will be different?
- •This time is not different.
- •Arrive late.It's okay! Jen is late too!
- •Enjoy delicious cool drinks, the smell of books, Barnes & Noble's air conditioning, and great conversation with @supercommonname, or the li.ster of your choice.It's so nice, just honestly wonderful and nice; couldn't be better. Y'all need to get together. Let me know when and where— I'll bring cookies. (Or if @kcupcaker is coming, cupcakes, duh.)
- •@bjnovak, Li.st is amazing. We've all started construction on the altars to you in our living rooms.Sometimes I don't believe this place is real— to a person, everyone has a lovely heart, a way with words, new things to teach each other; this community, it's the very best.
- •Thank you @supercommonname, today was wonderful 💜💜💜