A FEW THINGS I ADMIRE ABOUT THE FISHERMAN IN THIS CLASSIC GENESEE BEER COMMERCIAL
I've always admired the friendly fisherman in this Genesee Beer commercial. Here are a few reasons why. http://youtu.be/Ga4y9i21igM
- •Knows how to spot an opportunityA nice looking young lady and a cooler of beer, of course he's going to call them over to try his chowder. Here's an opportunity to make some new friends, drink some free beer and share a few tales of the big one that got away. It's a win-win for everyone, but he's coming out on top.
- •Fish ChowderAs far as chowders go, it's nothing but clam, clam, clam up here in the Pacific Northwest. Perhaps it's a different story on the east coast, but I was delighted to see an alternative chowder in his repertoire.
- •Enjoying RetirementHis boat looks a little small to run a commercial fishing operation, so I'm betting he's retired. Who else has time to slave over a fish chowder during the middle of the day? Kudos to him for taking today's catch and turning it into a conversation starter.
- •Repays a complimentThey loved his chowder, he loved their beer. "Hey, that Genesee is almost as good as my chowder." ALMOST.
- •He's ClassyIt would be easy and expected to serve his guests chowder out of styrofoam bowls, they're on a boat and it is the 70's after all. Instead he went for the porcelain cup & saucer option. Seriously? What a guy! I hope that young couple learned a thing or two and bring a couple Genesee steins next time.
- •That JacketI can't tell for sure if it's patchwork or perhaps a wool flannel buffalo check. Whatever it is, it's really handsome and I want one. The collar may be flared a little too much for today's taste, but that's not necessarily a deal breaker. The yellow overalls, cap & beard really complete the ensemble, but that jacket!
- •Not AwkwardMeeting new people and making a good first impression can be tricky. Not for this guy! That young couple did not hesitate getting on a strangers boat to eat his chowder. Nothing awkward about that, nothing at all.