IKEA HACKS: CAFETERIA EDITION
Delicious IKEA hacks you can't live without.🇸🇪
- •Swedish Pötine•A Canadian delight, Swedish style. •What you'll need: French Fries + 4 oz. Cream Sauce + Organic String Cheese •Break up the string cheese into small, bite-size pieces and mix them in with the fries. Slather piping hot cream sauce over the top of everything. Grab a fork and dig into that melty, cheesy goodness.
- •Ranchägare Ägg•An IKEA version of huevos rancheros. •What you'll need: Chicken Fajita Wrap + Scrambled Eggs + Three Bean Chili + Lingonberry Mayonnaise •Open up the chicken fajita wrap and distribute the filling evenly to the edges. Spoon the chili over the chicken fajita until desired coverage is achieved. The scrambled eggs go on top with a dollop of lingonberry mayo as a stand-in for sour cream.
- •Smörgåsmic•A riff on the Swedish smörgås, an open-faced sandwich & the hamburger horseshoe, a central Illinois regional delicacy. •What you'll need: Garlic Toast (2 pieces) + (10 piece) Swedish Meatballs Dinner + French Fries •Spread mashed potatoes generously across both pieces of garlic bread, place open-faced on a plate. Cut the meatballs in half & place them halved-side down on the potatoes. Put a pile of french fries on top of everything and smother it all in cream sauce. Salt & pepper to taste.
- •Vläpjaks•A delicious take on the breakfast taco. •What you'll need: Swedish Pancakes + Ratatouille + Breakfast Plate* •Fill the Swedish pancakes with the potatoes, bacon, scrambled eggs & ratatouille. Fold them up like a taco. Easy peasy. *Try the Regular Breakfast instead to substitute turkey sausage for bacon.
- •Fish & Strips•A higher protein, less starch-centric take on a classic. •What you'll need: Chicken Tenders with Fries + Fish and Chips + IKEA sales circular •A great hack for beginners, toss the fries straight into the garbage, or alternatively set them aside to use in a Swedish Pötine later. Fashion the sales circular into a cone. Place the fish and chicken tenders inside the cone. Great for snacking on the go as you aimlessly navigate the showroom. For dipping, try lingonberry or cream sauce.
- •Süper Böl•You'll be a hit at next year's Super Bowl party with this one! •What you'll need: Buffalo Chicken Wrap + French Fries + Three Bean Chili + Broccoli Cheddar Soup •Combine the chili and broccoli cheddar soup in a medium sized microwave-safe bowl. Dice up the buffalo chicken and fold into the chili cheese dip. Crisp the tortilla in the oven. Heat the dip in the microwave on a medium setting for 3 minutes. Serve with tortilla crisps & fries. Go team YOU!
- •IKEAn't Believe It's Not Sangria•It's impossible to tell this apart from the real stuff. •What you'll need: Elderflower Drink + Organic Lingonberry Juice Box + Rosehips Drink + Sparkling Pear Cider + Lemonade + Organic Apple Slices + Fruit Cup •Mix the juices in a large pitcher (don't add the cider just yet). Add the apple slices and contents of the fruit cup. Stir vigorously. Cover and let steep in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Add the sparkling pear cider and give it another stir. Invite some friends.