Advice From Fictional Females
And when possible, the corresponding quote.
- •Loosen up and let maturity do it's work - Anne Shirley
- •If you're not happy, change something - Aria Montgomery
- •Love and heartbreak change is the same way - Carrie Bradshaw"Love and heartbreak both change is in the same way. It's easy to forget this because while love is something we wait and yearn for, heartbreak is something we do not like to predict, for we know how wretched it is bound to make us feel, even if it is for the better"
- •We are always being judged - Queen Clarisse"When walking in a crowd one is under scrutiny all the time
- •Pick your real friends over fake ones - DJ Tanner"I can't believe you'd rather be friends with girls who aren't really your friends"
- •Friday nights can be boring - Hanna Marin"Great. Everybody's got a life except me"
- •Always ask the person you want to ask first - Hermione Granger"Next time there's a ball, ask me first, not as a last resort!"
- •That not knowing about the bad stuff that's going to happen is the good part - Joey Potter"I've always had this tendency to assume that change, when it happens, can only be for the worse. You know? And lately, I kinda feel like that's not true, like whatever's waiting for me out there may not be that bad. And even if it is, then not knowing about it might actually be the good part"
- •Blaze your own trail - Jo March"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship"
- •You don't need exercise - Lorelai Gilmore"I want to get the healthy glow of someone who goes to the gym without having to go of course"
- •Strive to be practically perfect in every way - Mary Poppins
- •Don't be scared to take chances - Meredith Grey"At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them"
- •Wash your hands before touching anything white - Monica Geller
- •It's possible to get out of something - Phoebe Buffay"I wish I could, but I don't want to"
- •Don't be afraid to make a fool of yourself - Rachel Green