Halloween Costumes Throughout My Life
Because Halloween is just around the corner, and I'm hoping I can come up with some inspiration.
- •Ninja Turtle - My first costume. I believe I was actually Raphael. My parents obviously had good taste.
- •Bunny - I was obsessed with this costume and wore it a couple years in a row. I should probably mention that I loved Bugs Bunny, so that probably had something to do with it.
- •Snow White - Loved my princess/dress costumes, but always put up a fight when it was too cold and Mom said I had to wear a coat. Ugh...
- •Belle - Favorite Disney character ever. My grandma even gave me her clip-on pearl earrings. I was a hip 5 yr old.
- •Pocahontas - My mom sewed this one so it had long sleeves that looked like skin. I didn't have to wear a coat that year because of it. Boom.
- •Bride - There were several girls in my class that wore this costume...I don't know why we all wanted to be brides when we hadn't even lost our baby teeth. But whatever...
- •Maleficent - Yes, I went as Maleficent, the greatest Disney villain of all time. This was decades before the Angelina Jolie movie, so everything I had was handmade. Probably my favorite costume ever.
- •Fortune Teller - Everyone thought I was a gypsy and it made me mad because they obviously weren't looking at my crystal ball. I even bought a book on palm reading, because I was a very well-researched costume wearer.
- •Little Red Riding Hood - Now moving to the high school/college years when it became cool to dress up again. This was a stereotypical store-bought, last minute dress. But it worked.
- •Meg (from Hercules) - I had broken my foot and was wearing a boot, so I added gold ribbon to make it more festive.
- •Carmen Sandiego - Where in the world was I? I'll never tell...
- •Flo from Progressive - Definitely the most comfortable costume ever. White sweatpants and Converse sneakers. I signed lots of autographs that night.
- •Peter Pan - This was a last-minute purchase, so not my best work.
- •Coke bottle - One of my more creative endeavors, but was cute and comfy.
- •This year? - No idea, looking for inspiration.