PEOPLE CONSTANTLY, INEXPLICABLY ASK FOR MY ADVICE ABOUT...
Ask me about tea, literature, chocolate, The Mindy Project, feminism, BBC dramas or even how to properly raise a cactus. Like most humans, I know an awful lot about some things and next to nothing about others. Namely, the following subjects
- •DirectionsNo matter where I am (home town, University town, some city I'm visiting for the first time) I am constantly asked for directions. I cannot explain it. I am legitimately asked by strangers on the street at least five times each week. I've started taking a tally. Absolutely bizarre.
- •SpellingI am an unabashed and wholly irritating grammar queen, so perhaps that's where this one stems from. However - PSA - spelling is most definitely outside the realm of my word processing talents.
- •The news/current affairsThis is actually something I'm trying to improve upon - I always feel like I'm two steps behind vis a vis what's going on in the world and I feel terribly ignorant when people assume that I'm more caught up and aware than I am (because I should be!)
- •RelationshipsI am asked for advice regarding relationships far, far too often, especially when you consider my personal romantic history (or lack there of) which I could record for you in detail in ONE PARAGRAPH OR LESS. Not that I don't like giving advice - it just seems odd to me that others trust it.
- •The lawIs it illegal to do this? Will I get arrested if this happens? I don't know, why don't we ask someone who is vaguely fond of rules but really knows LESS THAN NOTHING about the intricate ins and outs of our nation's legal system GOOD IDEA
- •The date today?????? Nobody ever knows this ?????? Spoiler - that is why we all ask each other! Just save yourself some time and google it. Or invest in a calendar maybe? Or a phone or a watch?