TODAY MY FRIENDS AND I RANDOMLY STARTED TALKING ABOUT OUR APPEARANCES...
...and our insecurities therein
- •And this is what I heard:(and I participated in this, definitely)
- •I don't like my nose, it's too big
- •I don't like my cheeks, they're too wide
- •I don't like my eyes, they're too small
- •I don't like my forehead, it's too long
- •And this is what I saw:
- •Three kind, supportive, there-for-me roommates
- •Three beautiful women
- •Three of my best friends
- •Three incredible humans capable of a plethora of incredible things
- •Then I realized - none of us would ever think these things, let alone say them, about any one of the other people in the room.OF COURSE we wouldn't.
- •We are only ever this hard, this critical, to ourselves...
- •We just see our friends when we look at each other.
- •We just see people.
- •...isn't that the way we should be able to look at ourselves?Gosh I'm not usually this sentimental...it just kind of hit me all of the sudden and I feel like I need to get it out there.