Already on li.st? Open in app.
It's midterms week.
- •Unnecessary classesHow is Geology 101 gonna help me in marketing again? How 'bout Nutrition 121? Or Sociology 101??
- •"What do you plan on doing once you get your degree?"Uhhh.. Idk the same thing I'm already doing?? (Pursuing my clothing company)
- •Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark ZuckerbergJust to name a few
For those of you who don't know, I own a small streetwear brand called Krucial. These are a few individuals that have inspired me from a design aspect to an ethics aspect. Thank you:
- 1.Kid CudiCudder was my first "idol" tracing back to when I was a freshman in high school. Not even into hip hop at the time, I stumbled across his Pursuit of Happiness music video on youtube only because MGMT was featured on it. My mind was blown. I had never heard such a unique sound. I went on to discover that the rest of his music was just as unique. Although I don't necessarily connect with everything Cudi says (I've never even smoked weed), he aided me in finding my inner creativity/individuality.
- 2.Bobby HundredsIt's hard for me to even pinpoint what exactly it is about Bobby that inspires me. Probably because its just about everything he does. From his thoughtful writing to his creative direction with The Hundreds, Bobby never has anything but profound things to say. Which is why when Bobby speaks, you listen. Another thing, as much of a "celebrity" Bobby has become, he has remained humble & you can tell at the end of the day, he is just a regular dude not unlike myself. Here's a pic of when I met him.
- 3.BanksyThe mystery in Banksy has always baffled me. How could someone so "famous" and worth so much money be unidentifiable!? Love him or hate him, you cannot deny that Banksy always comes strapped with a message. He's one of the loudest people of our time and we've never even heard him speak. Here's one of my favorite Banksy pieces: