RECIPE FOR A RYAN MURPHY SHOW
- •Earnest female protagonist.She might seem a little uptight, but don't worry: sometimes she wears quirky hats, because she knows how to have fun.
- •Squad of betches.An exclusive squad of some kind, ideally with a HBIC (who must always be blonde). They make it very clear that earnest main girl will never be on their level.
- •Older female with a lesbian-y vibe.She doesn't have time for your bullshit. Everyone knows she runs things.
- •Hot gay love interest.Sometimes paired with a wimpy gay counterpart, but mostly there as eye candy for the gay viewers.
- •Hot jocky guy who is good friends with gay kid (and probably banging HBIC).Because that's how the world usually works.
- •Squad of vaguely evil twinks.The more hot white twinky guys with slicked back hair, the better. Not always gay, but always there to sneer when needed.
- •DILFAlways paternal. Looks out for earnest main character.
- •And lastly:
- •Character relationships that change drastically episode-by-episode depending on what will create the most drama.The #1 most important.