I'll Take Quotent Quotables for 500, Alex: Current TV Actresses on Their Characters!
Now serve for the stars 🙌🏿⭐️🙌🏻
- •Viola Davis, as criminal defense attorney Annalise Keating, How to Get Away with Murder"I had no precedent for this role. I've never seen a 49-year old, dark skin woman who is not a size 2 be a sexualized role in TV, film, anywhere, ever." She's Viola Davis. Nothing more need be said. She has been blessed by Meryl and has therefore ascended to a higher plane of being. She is a Streepling and she is perfection, even when stuck in a B- yet admittedly guilty-pleasure-filled pop drama like HTGAWM (which I looooove).
- •Taraji P. Henson, as matriarch Loretha 'Cookie' Lyon, Empire"I hate that bitch Cookie, she has stolen my identity. I'm getting called Cookie everywhere. My friends don't want to talk to me unless it's about Cookie." 😂
- •Felicity Huffman, as plaintiff Barb Hanlon, American Crime"Her motivations are noble. How they manifest are harsh, but she's trying to do the best she can." So not Lynette. Thank GOD this woman got another great part. More, please.
- •Lily Tomlin, as divorcée Frankie Bergstein, Grace & Frankie"We went on a trial peyote trip. It's hallucinogenic and just, very spiritual. The plants start wavering, you know... It's a bit like acid, but more extreme I think." I has best frien?
- •Ellie Kemper, as cult kidnapping survivor Kimmy Schmidt, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"She's been absent for fifteen years; not only has she been absent, but she's been in a situation that most people might not be able to endure, and yet she comes out of that with a smile on her face and a sense of wonderment and awe that this is still here, and I think that's innate, that's what carried her through those fifteen years, and it's that sorta tenacity that drives her forward." Preach, gingerlfriend!
- •Gina Rodriguez, as pregnant virgin Jane Villanueva, Jane the Virgin"I didn't want it to be campy, the comedy, because that was not going to allow the drama to be taken serious [sic] so it was a battle every episode." Did you see her Golden Globe speech?!?!?! She's a goddamn angel. 😭😇
- •Lady Gaga, as hotelier The Countess, American Horror Story: Hotel"Describe the Countess in three words? I'm very hungry." 👄💉⚰
- •Uzo Aduba, as inmate Susan 'Crazy Eyes' Warren, Orange Is the New Black"I think it's just about trying to tell the truth, really, and just doing it fully, and not being afraid to go past the line, to take it as far as you need to take it in order to tell this person's truth, because I feel it is my responsibility playing Susan to live her completely authentically, and to really give her as big and great a voice as I possibly can and if that means challenging myself in ways or doing things that might be scary as an actor to do, I'm ready to jump in." 🍊➡️⚖➡️🌑
- •Lisa Kudrow, as actress Valerie Cherish, The Comeback"I did her at The Groundlings... We always felt like we could put her anywhere and it would be fun to watch her.... And this round, now she's nine years older. SHE'S nine years older. I'm not!" I want to have a dinner party with Phoebe and Valerie and Fiona.
- •Claire Danes, as CIA agent Carrie Mathison, Homeland"I'm always monitoring the depiction of her condition. I never want her bipolarity to be a convenient gimmick." Claire Danes, you're my 90s red hair-dyed soul twin and your chin quivers give me elbow chills. 👯