Re: The Orlando Shooting
Violence against lgbtq individuals is nothing new, but this is one of the most significant attacks against multiple lgbtq since Stonewall and now the single biggest mass shooting in U.S. history. I hope in light of SCOTUS' gay marriage ruling last year and NC/other state laws causing violence against transpeople, we recognize the need for change❤️
- •If you're looking for ways to help/support: http://time.com/4365295/orlando-shooting-pulse-nightclub-victims-help/?xid=tcoshare&ExternalOpen=true&Action=click&adid=3D22198C-BD78-4CC3-8633-B510E738CC87
- •Sending love to all those families and friends affected.
- •And, FYI, a man with a plan and arms to enact a terrorist attack at LA pride was intercepted this week too.
- •If you are planning to attend any pride events in major cities, be careful and stay alert.
- •But do not let this dampen your spirits or dull the vibrant colors of our community's emblem: the rainbow flag.
- •Instead, perhaps this year more than last even, let's remember the origins of pride - in pain, struggle, fighting for equality, and memorializing those who we've lost in a fight we know we will win.
- •Nothing will stop equality. Orlando is a tragedy. We will remember those when gun violence and anti-lgbtq violence are finally treated like the social diseases they truly are.
- •Stay safe and love more, Listerines. Love is stronger.