Things That John Inverdale Might Say In Future Tennis Commentaries
Everyone loves John Inverdale and his insightful tennis commentary. Here are a few examples of the pearls of wisdom to expect in the future.
- •"It's a game... of tennis... played by the most impeccable of... tennis players..."
- •"She hit the net there like a sodding temptress..."
- •"An exuberant fist pump from Serena... and you know that she means it."
- •"It feels like every single blade of lawn here at SW19 is against Tsonga... And it's just got a heck of a lot tougher for him to play on a surface of just sheer, and utter hatred..."
- •"Well... done!"
- •"There will be first serves, and second serves, here at Roland Garros..."
- •"Well 'Come on, Andy' roar the crowd... They've decided that Andy is more user friendly a name than 'Andrew'..."
- •"I've just projected Heather Watson twenty years into the future, and she now owns a wine bar in SoHo... Absolutely delicious Chardonnay they do there, terrific."