Movies that have been distracting me from a miserable depression
I have an almost infinite film and television Library/Gallery. When this couch potato is Fully baked he demands entertainment (sometimes that means porn) but here are some family friendly titles of the films that have been distracted while insomnia has it's way with me. They're not in any particular order, they're Li.sted in the order I remember.
- •Citizen KaneA classic film about a narcissistic, demagogue, who not only desires to rule the world but feels downright entitled. SPOILER ALERT:2 Weeks before election day his campaign his perfectly crafted world crumble before his eyes. Oh yeah, the big mystery of Rosebud was given away within the first 10 minutes of the movie, but it's still a great watch, especially in times like these. When I watched it though I couldn't fight the thought that the cold war never truly ended, we just renamed the enemy.
- •Sausage PartyFirst off Funny AF! You almost think you're watching a Disney movie, that is until the dialogue kicks in. This film is not for the easily offended. But if you enjoy relentless (and I mean relentless) crude humor delivered at rapid fire. Then this movie is for you.
- •ArgoI heard a lot of great things about this movie but only saw it recently. I'm on the bandwagon! That involves a historical moment, a plan that sounds so crazy... it has to work! And it did Also this film has an ensemble cast of great actors who's chemistry is a thing of beauty.
- •Straight Outta ComptonLong ass movie but if you're 30 something and remember gangsta rap as brand new how quickly it took over, the influence it still has and the lives of everyone involved. Sure moments were cliche, hyper dramatic, and probably an exaggeration of the truth, it was still a compelling behind the scenes look at the lives of young men who shifted a generation. Was all of it true? I don't care real history ain't history it's just his-story. If I want real I'll watch a documentary.
- •King of ComedyI think therefore I am! Does that count as a SPOILER? How far would you go to make it big in the entertainment business? As nutty and self obsessed our society seems it's kinda surprising that Rupert Pupkin is the only one to pull that level of shenanigans. If it's ever remade I know two things that will be true: 1. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME Will have to be added to the opening credits before being green lit. 2. It will flop
- •The Manchurian CandidateI'm sure there are a couple of ALT-right birther conspiracy theorists who are a tad disappointed that President Obama never lived up to this tale of ultimate espionage. Although, it's not January yet more than enough time to wake up a sleeper cell.
- •The man who shot Liberty ValanceA reunion of some sorts, a funeral for an old friend you can say. Or a final farewell to the man who helped you conspire & craft the perfect narrative/scene for murder that appears to the eye a justifiable homicide. What makes it better? The movie is basically James Stewart confessing to premeditated murder to a group of strangers.
- •Tango & CashGuilty pleasure movie. It's not a "hate watch" it's more of a movie that I loved as a kid that didn't stand the test of time and I knew that prior to this viewing, but I must have been munching on member berries and couldn't fight nostalgia. Member Tango and Cash? I member
- •BirdmanImpossible to spoil this film eventhough I watched it I'm not truly sure what was 💯 real or imagined. It keeps you guessing the whole time and quiet the solid douchebag obnoxious performance aka comedic relief provided by Edward Norton. This role could only be played by Michael Keaton. A lot of shots taken at the super hero genre of movies in my humble opinion somewhat deserved.
- •SpotlightWhat? 2 Michael Keaton movies back to back? I actually saw them in that order. I've barely see him in a film in the last 2 decades and there he was two on the same day.
- •DeadpoolI never understood the appeal of Ryan Reynolds. But I loved this movie! I was quoting it for days and days after I saw it. It's action packed and full of immature dialogue. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but with all of the Superhero movies/television shows that seem to come out every 9 or so minutes the good ones are starting to feel fewer and further between. Once we have Deadpool 3&4 and 2 avenger movies later I'll most likely return to complaining about it. For now... it rocked