Third-Hand Smoke - Rules for smokers who want to hold our baby
We don't want to be helicopter parents, but are very anti-smoking & risk-averse when it comes to the baby we're expecting. Fortunately this only applies to one unnamed relative. We got most of these from a recent infant care class plus some brochures and online research. Please feel free to comment if we missed anything or got something wrong.
- 1.Any smoking must be done outside, away from any doors or windows
- 2.A jacket or coat should be worn while smoking and removed when re-entering the house
- 3.Change into a fresh, clean shirt
- 4.Wash hands and forearms thoroughly with soap and water
- 5.Wait 30 minutes
- 6.No kissing the baby whatsoever after smoking
- 7.Who knows, perhaps all these rules and hoops to jump through will finally result in this person quitting smoking!