Teaching My Son To Drive
- •I drove us in my Honda Pilot (which is name Chuck Yeager - get it?) to the Pentagon North parking lot.Huge space, lots of security.
- •My son drove us around for an hour, working on looking before going (this seems to be a non-intuitive skill), coming to a complete stop before changing from drive to reverse...One of the cops gave us a friendly wave. I think we cracked him up. Especially when we used a ski analogy and practiced carving turns.
- •We didn't hit anything.We didn't break any laws.
- •We laughed a lot and high-fived a lot.I wish I knew about .gifs b/c I know you li.sters like them.
- •It was fun, highly successful, and we are driving again tomorrow.But somewhere else. Too bad we can't get into the CIA lot. Kidding!!!! We don't want any trouble.
- •I'm drinking a robust glass of wine now.Teaching a teen to drive while maintaining the impression of relaxed calm is really f-ing stressful. I love that kid. So much. And I love Chuck Yeager.
- •Did I mention that my son has a twin sister?OMG. So. Much. Driving. Ahead. Help.