Words of wisdom my Grandmothers gave me
These women taught me so much!
- •Stand up tall and hold your head up high.She was afraid I'd get a hump from slouching but I like to pretend it was her way of saying "don't let the haters hate"
- •Just toss in some more flour till it looks right.They both taught me how to cook and neither used measuring cups. Basically "fake it till you make it"
- •Don't bragIf people can't take the time to get to know you and see you for how amazing you are, move on.
- •You've got to let the gravy boilBe patient. You may not see the success right away so try not to spoil it while you wait.
- •When I said "back yonder" I meant down the hall and to the right.Not really advice but still a great lesson on clear communication.
- •Drink whisky and water"This is a ladies drink, stick to it and you won't have a hangover". Advice she was given by her mother apparently. Not sure that it's scientifically sound but she was right about everything else so....