How I earned my 4.9 rating as a rider with Uber
cos I care about my personal ratings !!!
- 1.On booking I insert the detailed pickup location with landmarks.But you only have xx space available to type. I guess Uber wants their drivers to get lost.
- 2.I check their location and driving directions. Then I message them my directionsThe Uber app is slow and the driver might not get msg in time. Then you watch them drive past your pickup location. Since the app is delayed they would have driven pass you a long time ago 😀
- 3.Entering the vehicle I greet them and b$tch about the delayed app and now they feel sorry for me. But I'm the one that had to wait.Before that I breath a sigh of relief that my Uber has arrived, finally. Psych101 begins now...
- 4.I ask how long they Ubering and whether it's full-time or part-time.Sets the next step...
- 5.If full-time then I sympathize cos not great cash flow and costs are high.No I don't want to be an Uber driver.
- 6.If part-time then I say it's great for flexibility and all that crap.I joke that they can drop the family off at the in-laws and make the excuse they picking up an Uber rider to get away from their nightmare. Unless they love their in-laws then I'm stuck.
- 7.At this time the ride should be over, else I talk about their past or current job.Did I mention I care about my rating?
- 8.To secure my rating, at the end I thank them for their service, wish them all the best and to have a great day. And wish them well with whatever I learned about, like the in-laws.Courtesy doesn't hurt. Unless they give me a rating below a 5. Cos I earned it dammit !!!