Things I wished people warned me about adulting
- •Relationships are hardHaving friends takes more of an effort than simply showing up to class and seeing them every day.
- •Marriage is even harderPlanning a wedding is temporary, but to have a sustaining marriage actually takes work.
- •CleaningCleaning constantly is necessary and not just your room, all the rooms. Every toilet and sink, otherwise you learn the hard way what gross looks like.
- •BillsThe sheer volume still shocks me. No one told me I'd be the middle man between my employer and my bill collectors.
- •Meeting expectationsSo many expectations. And it seems like none of them are ever fully met.
- •Job versus careerSearching for what you want to do as a career as opposed to doing the minimum at a job for a paycheck.
- •Gift givingIt becomes an obligation and a pain in the ass.
- •Exercising & eating rightBecause your metabolism sucks after you turn 30.
- •TimeThere's never enough time for anything. Ever.