Why my crush from 1995 is still haunting me 💖🎶🎸
I just got home from The Cure concert... (It's late so forgive me for typos) After being a fan since 15, I realized after 20 years (yes, I know I'm admitting my age, but I don't care), I would still give up the goods to this underrated 57 year old musician whose voice cuts through my heart as his guitar solos consumes my soul.
- •Robert Smith will always be delicious to me.
- •He can pull off that shade of red lipstick and not give a shit what anyone thinks.
- •He has a sense of humor.
- •After 3.5 hrs and 4 encores, his voice is still amazing.
- •He plays all the popular songs the semi-fans want to hear. Pictures of you, Why Can't I Be You, Just like Heaven, Boys Don't Cry, Love Song...
- •He plays the songs long-time fans would appreciate. A Forest, Love Cats, Fascination Street, In Between Days...
- •His legendary hair is still on point.
- •His English accent is adorable.
- •Even at 57 yrs old, Robert Smith is still a rock star.
- •He brings back memories of me being 15 and awkward and unable to truly find a place. It was his voice, his words and his songs that helped me find a group of friends who shared an appreciation for him and also finding myself for all my weirdness. And for that, I will always have a special place in my heart for him.