FUN THINGS I'VE DONE DURING THE FIRST 24 HOURS OF VACATION
It's Christmas vacation time! I decided to take two weeks off work so I could have a nice long visit with my family this year (they live in WI, I live in KS...). My sister and nephews won't arrive for a few days, but I've made the most of my time with my parents so far!
- •Put presents under the treeMom had not put any gifts under the tree yet, so I got to do it! There are a lot more that need to squeeze under before Christmas, but I thought this amount looked pretty!
- •Took two hikes with my dogThe first day was cold and there was still a little snow on the ground and ice on the creek.
- •Fun find if day one...cool icicles!
- •Day two was warm (42!!!) and muddy!
- •Made Chex mix with momShe makes the BEST Chex mix! (Her secrets...no peanuts and extra butter...)
- •Dipped pretzels with momI dipped, she sprinkled!
- •Drove to town for coffee with my fav cousinMy cousin (she is 16 years younger than me) and I get together for coffee whenever I am home. We call the Christmas one our annual Christmas Caribou Coffee cousin date! 💜 her!
- •Introduced my mom to the aca-awesomeness of Pitch PerfectWe laughed SO hard!
- •Read the Sunday paper with DadNo photo for this one... Dad and I are early birds so morning is our special time. Oh, I just remembered I have a selfie of us from this summer...I'll use that!
- •Invited a friend over to watch the Packer gameShe's a BFF from high school...can't wait to see her! This is us in her convertible during a trip to Door County this past fall!
- •It's been a great 24 hours! Now, if I could just get some snow!