Thanks @Z for the request! Weddings are beautiful and very fun parties, but can be overwhelming. Here are some thoughts I had after a college friend got hitched this summer
- •Hashtags #weddingWhat is the etiquette for bride + groom wedding hashtags? How early before the wedding do you start branding your coupledom and upcoming nuptials? When do you stop? The day after the ceremony? Until you die/divorce??
- •EatingOrder the most expensive option for your dinner. I usually go with steak, then fish. Vegetarian is a wild card choice
- •DancingThe best part! A great band that can play Taylor Swift and Fleetwood Mac, and everything in between, is key
- •Open barBest to be strategic here. I start with white wine or champagne then move to mixed drinks with clear liquor. White wine vs red to keep teeth photogenic and not as devastating if spilled
- •Mojito tapBest idea ever. Where can I get this for my apartment right now??
- •Cake alternativesI looooove cake but a friend had pies and gelato at her wedding last year which was really nice, which leads me to....
- •Traditional vs personalPersonally I want cake, my father to walk me down the aisle and champagne toasts but I also like the idea of a barefoot beach wedding. I love how weddings these days reflect my friends' personalities and are not one size fits all