Books Read 2016
- 1.Last to Die - Tess Gerritson
- 2.Hotel Alpha - Mark Watson
- 3.Leaving Time - Jodi Picoult. I don't normally like Jodi Picoult but I loved this book. Perhaps if the elephants were missing I wouldn't have. The elephant thread made this book, It came across that a bit of research went into it.
- 4.Cards on the Table - Agatha Christie. Not my favourite Poirot. Found it a little boring. Although, I had vague recollections of the TV version and got it all wrong.
- 5.We Should all be Feminists - chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Speech on feminism given by Adichie. 100% inspirational.
- 6.My Life on the Road - Gloria Steinem. An inspiring look into the life of feminist journalist and activist. It's really about the people she has met on the road who have inspired her.
- 7.Dumb witness - Agatha Christie. I actually remember the TV version of this. Ending is a teeny wee but different but not enough to make a difference. Nice to see Hastings back. More importantly I love Bob the dog.
- 8.The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet - Becky Chambers. Not the most exciting of stories but I still loved it. It made me fall in love with sci fi again and reminded me of why I was drawn to it in the first place. Each chapter almost reads like a short story to keep you engaged. Loved the characters.
- 9.Trigger Warning - Neil Gaiman. Love short stories for a change. I liked this collection because it contained poems too. My favourite story was the one with Sherlock although I had a geek out moment when I realised there was dr who one in there too.