Things KG Has Said to Me
Kevin Garnett played with us at the Brooklyn Nets for 96 regular season games over two seasons.
- •"I got you next time"When I missed returning a fist bump he gave me as he was leaving practice. Still haunts me.
- •"I see you, Insta"He called me Insta (as in Instagram) a few times before he remembered my name. Which I thought was awesome.
- •"You let me do my thing, I'll let you do yours"When we were on the same elevator and mutually agreed to stay out of each other's way while working. In a light-hearted, very nice way.
- •"Morning, morning"When we were on the bus to practice, you guessed it, early in the morning.
- •"Come on Kat, let's go Twitter"When I tried to politely take the next elevator (a different time), he held the door for me after Deron and Brook got in. (props for the name + job shout out)
- •Aside from press conferences, I'm pretty sure that was it. A real NBA legend and I'm glad I got a chance to work with him.