CHILDHOOD HALLOWEEN COSTUMES IN ORDER OF STRANGENESS
I was a weird kid.
- 1.The reggae mummyMy mom still won't take any credit for this. She said I found the reggae wig at Party City and then came up with the rest of the costume. Also I used hospital grade gauze to wrap my body, and my grandmother's snake bracelet as an accessory... I think I was 6.
- 2.Pop star alienThis comes in at a close, close second. I really wanted to be an alien but I also really wanted to be Baby Spice. So I combined the two ideas. I was an alien with a headset wearing a metallic costume that my mom sewed for me. I painted my entire body glow in the dark green. 7 years old.
- 3.Doc from Snow WhiteThis one I blame entirely on my mom. Who would put a beard and a lederhosen on an 8-month-old?!
- 4.Vampire (before it was cool..)I made my mom buy a pack of fake blood. I even powdered my face white and put in fangs. She was so scared. I was 8.
- 5.The cowardly lionI went through a phase where I wanted to be a lion in kindergarten. I was the only girl lion at my kindergarten circus at school, instead of a ballerina or a gymnast like all of the basic girls. I wore the same full body lion suit and full face makeup for Halloween that year. I was 5
- 6.Esmeralda from the Hunchback of Notre DameI do not think this is an appropriate costume for any child. I was 2.