MY FAVORITE RESTAURANTS IN DALLAS
*sorry for the bad photo quality. I'll try to update them.
- •GemmaOn Henderson St. A couple from St. Helena, CA opened this about a two years ago. The food is amazing and the atmosphere is so chill.
- •Velvet TacoAlso on Henderson St. Super funky tacos that aren't really classified as Mexican or Tex-Mex. The best is the #3 chicken tikka masala taco. Also the homemade tots are fabulous topped with their herbed goat cheese, cheddar, avocado crema, and fried egg.
- •Taco DinerThis little restaurant in the middle of West Village (near Lemmon Ave. and McKinney) is always packed. Everyone brings their dogs and it's so fun to people/animal watch. It's owned by Mi Cocina and acts as their more casual low-key counterpart.
- •Neighborhood ServicesOne of the coolest restaurants. They have amazing drinks and they play James Bond audiobooks in the bathroom. Get the meatball appetizer; you won't be disappointed.
- •Malai KitchenThis Thai restaurant is also in West Village. Their sticky rice and eggplant appetizer is so delicious. Their take on brunch is a bit different and I suggest the Thai Eggs Benedict.
- •Hattie'sIn Bishop Art'a District. This white table cloth typical southern restaurant is amazing. Even though it feels like a fancy Mississippi country club dining hall it has a super chill vibe and the service is great. I suggest the fried chicken and waffles (it's off menu 😉)
- •Oddfellow'sIn Bishop Arts as well. Known for their lattes and brunch, this place is so cool. I suggest the buffalo chicken mac n cheese and the beignets.
- •LuciaMy final Bishop Arts pick. This Italian restaurant gets everything right. They only seat about 18 people a night in their quaint dining room and the service is amazing. In order to get a reservation you have to call a month in advance, but it's not snobby. Get the chef's picks, all of the homemade pasta is top notch.