HERE'S WHY I AM NOT GOING TO CAUCUS FOR BERNIE
Or any candidate
- •It’s not that I don’t want to.
- •I’m deeply disappointed that I can’t.
- •But I have several disabilities including PTSD and social anxiety disorder. I also am on the Autism Spectrum.
- •There is no way I can go to the event with the number of people they are expecting to have, where they are planning to put them and be ok.
- •I would have an anxiety attack, a meltdown or dissociate severely. Large crowds are not okay for me.
- •I asked the city’s Democratic Caucus leader if there was any accommodations that could be made and she was pretty firm (and confused) and said there were none.I'm not even sure myself what could be done.
- •It's just an illustration how I feel like a square peg trying to fit in a round hole living in this world.It just doesn't work all the time for me and people like me.
- •I'm disappointed my vote won't be heard and I won't have a say in this historic election but I don't know what I could do.
- •I do know I can vote in the general election since it's nothing like the caucus and I do plan to exercise that right no matter what.